02 June 2008

Art or website design? That is the question.

I have a conundrum. I have not picked up a paintbrush for at least 6 weeks and, instead, I have been working on the fourth design of the Art4Arts8 website, as well as getting on with life in general. The main problem is that the more time I spend away from the paints, the less inspiration I have. So why start a blog because this is taking even more time away from those paint brushes? The simple answer is to create a valid back-link, or two, to the Art4Arts8 website. This is to help the site rise in the forsaken Google search engine ratings. If 'watercolour paintings' was typed into Google, the website had been stuck at number 31 for ages and having just checked it is now down to 71. This is clearly a 'Catch 22' situation: I must do something to the website to generate visits / hits / interest / sales but I also need to keep my hand in with the brushes in order to arrest skill-fade. That said, I have learned web design from scratch and I suppose it is a art form in itself. So, here's another conundrum ... which is the more skillful, being an artist or web designer? Perhaps my time is being used best afterall. By the way, I have not yet 'gone live' with the new Art4Arts8 look.

No comments: